Preschool Staff Roles
Our Preschool employs:
- Early Childhood Teachers who are university qualified in Early Childhood Education;
- Early Childhood Teachers who are qualified in Special Education;
- Educators who have completed the Diploma in Children’s Education and Care; and
- Child Care Workers who hold the Certificate III in Early Education and Care.
Our team of educators, led by our Early Childhood Teachers, provide education and care for children. Our educators have extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and promoting children’s learning across all areas of development in a preschool program.
Our Speech Pathologist assists children at Learning Links Preschool to communicate to the best of their ability. This is particularly with children who have difficulties expressing their ideas, asking for help, understanding what others say and following instructions. Speech Pathologists also collaborate with staff and families to support and facilitate children’s communication skills in all contexts.
Speech Pathologists work together with educators at preschool to help support and enhance a child’s ability to learn and address:
- Pronouncing and articulating sounds (phonology and articulation)
- Expressing ideas, making requests and asking questions (expressive language)
- Understanding what is being said and following instructions (receptive language)
- Social language skills used in daily interactions with others (pragmatic skills)
- Pre-reading skills (literacy)
- Ability to hear the sounds that make up words in spoken language (phonological awareness)
- Voice problems
The Occupational Therapist’s focus is to support children to engage in their primary occupations of learner, player, and self carer.
At Learning Links Preschool, our Occupational Therapist enhances the teaching of fine and gross motor skills across the program, and assists children to access all areas of the program and their environment to the best of their ability.
Our Occupational Therapist may also assist children with:
- Self-help skills such as participating in meal times, or around toileting.
- Taking part in learning experiences with their peers.
- Participating in and enjoying play
- Understanding sensory processing issues.
Our Occupational Therapist collaborates closely with the classroom teachers to set goals, and assess the achievement of those goals.
- Provisional Psychologists work together with our teachers to support all children’s learning in the preschool program.
- At Learning Links Preschool, Provisional Psychologists support the development of children’s social and emotional skills and overall well-being through targeted small group programs and overall whole group interactions.
- Families of children enrolled at the Learning Links Preschool are welcome and encouraged to contact our Provisional Psychologists for a chat or to discuss any concerns. Provisional Psychologists are available to support children and families in many ways such as establishing and following home routines, behavioual concerns, social skills, preparing for a sibling, grief and loss, divorce, anxious behaviours, learning difficulties, parenting strategies and sleep routines. This support is a free service, and confidential meetings can be arranged.
- Our Provisional Psychologists offer broad general support to the whole preschool community as well as individualised support so each child gets the best out of their year at preschool.
- Provisional Psychologists can answer questions regarding psychological assessments to assist with learning and behaviour. Provisional Psychologists are also able to assist preschool staff and parents implement assessment recommendations.
Source: Early Childhood Intervention Australia NSW/ACT Working Together Agreement
Student Work Placements
Our Preschool has strong relationships with many universities and TAFE Colleges. We regularly offer placement to students under the supervision of our professional team. Work experience placements for students form Secondary Schools are also sometimes available, where there is a particular interest in the work that we do.
If you’d like to organise a placement at Learning Links Preschool, please get in touch with the Preschool Manager on 8525 8230 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information from your school, TAFE or University regarding the requirements of the placement.